Training > Bespoke Workshops
Workshop days are delivered in school with the aim of promoting CAD CAM in textiles. There are different themed days to choose from or the day can be adapted to fit in with a current topic and can be tailored for individual needs too. It is suitable for any year group as its complexity and difficulty are tailored to the abilities of the pupils taking part.
This Project Day is taught by us so there is no need to arrange cover for staff, all we require is a room that we can use. We bring 2 x embroidery machines, 4 x laptop computers and 2 x Scanners and is suited for up to 8 students. (Only 4 of the final designs will be stitched out) Also included are all embroidery threads, fabrics, backing papers etc. This format can be taken up by the teachers and broken down into sections to be used in lessons. This course is very popular for GCSE students for developing their final design for their exam piece.
- To promote CAD/CAM in textiles
- Taking students from initial ideas through to final machined sample in just one day
- To develop peer teaching techniques
- To increase the complexity of CAD CAM activities in the classroom
- To develop pupils understanding of the sub skills of designing
- To develop creative designs using key stage 3 National Strategy Techniques and Assessment for Learning
- To use a design activity to develop original artwork
- To take part in peer assessment activities to support learning
- To develop rapid sketching confidence
- To be able to use CAD software to manipulate own design into a final embroidery
- To be able to use CAM Embroidery machine to stitch out final design.
- Students keep all samples of artwork and stitched designs for their file.
Contact us now for more information or a tailored quotation for your school